Alameda Antiques by the Bay

The first Sunday of the month the retired naval base on Alameda is home to hundreds of vendors selling antiques. My sister's friend told us about this and since I was born a shopper I decided to check it out. B and I left my house coffee in hand at 8, arriving at our destination at 9. We paid $5 to get in and start bargain hunting. My sister and her friend arrived an hour later.
It was a bargainers dream to haggle over prices, but the real secret is to wait, if you can, until later in the day to buy. This is risky as it seemed that the later it got in the morning the more items that had sold on them. I did wait though and managed to snag a circa 1940's cabinet that at one time probably had glass in it, but now has chicken wire. I LOVE IT! It was originally priced at $350 in the morning, but the sellers wanted to leave to go to a Super Bowl party so I got it for $165.
B managed to buy an old key from a typewriter and is creatively turning it into a ring. My sister got a giant bird cage for her finches and her friend got a corner cabinet for her bathroom, a chandelier, and a rug. It was a great time- we will definitely be back next month.
Awesome! Looks very cute in your hallway. =)
I love it! And I can't wait to go back next month, checkbook in hand! I'm excited to wear my ring, only two more days 'til the adhesive dries! :)
I want to go next month, can I, can I, huh?