Our nation's capital
Being that it is President's Day and all I thought I would recount my weekend in DC. I arrived in the coldest spell they have had to snow piled high and ice 4-6" thick. It was a shock for me, the true Californian! We made the most of it though, bundling up and drinking lots of hot drinks.
My best friend from high school lives in DC and my sister was vacationing with her family there, so it proved to be the perfect weekend to have a girl's weekend. We went sightseeing, shopping, eating and drinkig all over the city. We visited Georgetown, the National Portriat Gallery, the Mall (as in the National Mall), the Air and Space Museum and Alexandria. Despite the rough trip home last night, in which the de-icers practically went on strike with 40 airplanes trying to leave Dulles, it was a wonderful weekend.
I promise to post pictures of the weekend as soon as I upload them off of my camera.
I love all the postings as of late!
Glad you had a great trip, sounds like a good time! D.C. is the best.
I would love to go back to DC and look at more of the museums! Zach and I walked into the museum of natural history about 45 minutes before they closed, and we wished we'd gone there much earlier in the day! Oh well. Someday. =)
Glad you had a good weekend in spite of the weather!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.