Birthday Sunrise

 

Well, it feels pretty good to be 30! Happy birthday Cyrus. I got to wake up to my beautiful wife giving me her first gift of the day -- a sweet 100mm f/2.8 macro lens! I am soo excited and I couldnt sleep any more so I had to get up and try it out. I actually caught the sunrise as you can see here through a rain drop that had landed on our little lime tree back in Mojito row. Anyway, the 100mm is so much fun, I am now on a full hunt for little things that are just the right size to frame with my new lens.

What do you think? I am sure there will be more posts of fairly small (not really small like I deal with at work) things that I captured with my new toy.

Oh yeah, it is good for portraits too, Sophia will continue to be the primary focus of the blog, but sorry Sophia phans out there, no pictures of Sophia in this post.

Posted by Picasa

ThatBeeGirl  – (Saturday, October 04, 2008)  

happy birthday cyrus! i'm looking forward to seeing the lens!

Anonymous –   – (Wednesday, October 08, 2008)  

Wow! What a great way to start your happy b-day! Capturing the moment and the whole sky in a raindrop!

Post a Comment