Impromptu

I have returned from Germany safely, and thank goodness the international travel is over for some time. I can not say the same for domestic travel- it has not slowed down for either of us at all. We are always off somewhere.

On another note I have been struggling lately with the whole concept of staying in touch. I don’t just mean with distant family and friends, but also with my friends that live within driving distance. In this world of 24-7 communication you would think that this would be easy, but I find that I am so over scheduled and sometimes just plain selfish of the free time; I never contact people for impromptu gatherings. I am a planner. On the other hand my husband is all about impromptu meetings. He loves them and makes a point to make them happen when he can. While this causes some tension in my planned world, I definitely respect his ability to spend time with family and friends anytime anywhere.

gg  – (Thursday, May 04, 2006)  

Jules, i totally agree! it's so hard staying in touch sometimes. in a way, i feel better knowing someone else out there has the same difficulty.

ThatBeeGirl  – (Monday, May 08, 2006)  

Staying in touch is tough -- the blog should help.
It's also helpful to know which of you is posting -- you can create different "adminstrators" on one blog.

I'm just sayin'.

Post a Comment